ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday~Teething Tablets

This Works for Me Wednesday is for Hyland's Teething Tablets. I am sure many of you have heard of these, and maybe have tried them for your own babies. Many times when I have talked with other ladies about these on forums or in real life, they think it has a placebo effect on the child.
Well I am here to dispel that myth. I believe that they really *Do* work because I have tried them myself. A couple of years ago when my wisdom teeth were coming through, the teeth were causing a lot of pain for me. My gums were sore and swollen, and it was giving me a slight headache. Then I got to thinking, "I wonder if this is how poor babies feel when they are teething?" I happened to have some for my own little girl, and I thought that there was no harm in at least trying the tablets. I popped a couple under my tongue and it helped soooo much! It didn't take the soreness completely away, but it took the sharp hurting away, and my slight headache was gone. They really helped me get through that tough time in my life! Ha ha! :)
As one that can *talk* to vouch for this product; they worked for *me* as an adult, so I am pretty sure they will work on your baby too. I know that my baby was a lot less fussy after I gave her these; plus they are very safe to use, I don't believe you can overdose on these.(Disclaimer: just be sure to read the label, and Never leave medication within a child's reach).
Another consideration is that a paramedic warned us in my MOPS group that Baby Orajel can be dangerous because it causes extra saliva to produce in the mouth, and if the baby sleeps, they could choke on their own saliva if you give that to them right before bed time. Another reason to gives these a try.
I have found them in my local supermarket in the baby section, but I do know for sure you can get them at a health food store. So that is my Works For Me Wednesday Tip. :)

For more Tips and Ideas visit Rocks In My Dryer

3 comments:

Military Mommy said...

We used these when our babies were small and they were wonderful! Great tip!

Tammy said...

I also used these when my girls were babies...loved them! :)

Thanks for stopping by...it's so good to "meet" you!
Blessings!

Kelli said...

I remember using these with my babies. I loved them too!
Kelli