ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Jesus Died For Her Naughtiness


Since reading "The Lamb", the girls are having an awareness of sin and salvation. When Sweetie was being naughty, I asked her, "Sweetie, are you being naughty?" Sweetie looked guilty and wouldn't answer me, but then Bean piped up and said, "Yea, but Jesus died on the cross for her naughtiness!"

I found that interesting, because Bean is only three years old, but she is making a connection between being naughty and Jesus dieing for that naughtiness. I am praying that they will both come to a more clear understanding of salvation.
Sweetie was telling me the other day that she did not want to die. I said, "Well, what are you going to do so you don't have to?" She said, "Ummmm, be good!". So that pointed a clue to me, that she doesn't clearly understand. I am praying that the Holy Spirit will reveal to her, that no matter how good she tries to be, it won't merit her a place in heaven.
I remember being so confused about this when I was little. I thought that all those who loved Jesus would go to heaven, and all those who acted like the Devil would go to Hell. I was pushed into praying a prayer when I was four years old, because I was told only those who were saved got the cute little New Testament with Jesus on the front. So I prayed a prayer for the VBS teacher so I could get that Bible! I banked my salvation on that prayer for a long time. I certainly loved Jesus! I hated the Devil, but I had never come to terms that I was a sinner before God, and deserved to go to Hell. It took me a long time to understand that too!

1 comments:

Paula said...

It's amazing how much our little ones really comprhend God's word. They're just like little sponges soaking everything up. :)