ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Friday, August 31, 2007

A Curb Side Pickup





This exersaucer was found in someones trash pile while I was out walking with my children. Not only was this baby in the pile, but a perfectly good baby swing, and walker were there too.
I didn't have room for the swing or the walker so I just snatched this up; but now that I think about it, I should of picked them up anyway and tried to sell them. Unfortunately I wasn't thinking about that.
Aside from a little tare in the leg that can be easily fixed, there was NOTHING wrong with it. I took the seat off of it, and washed it in hot water, and washed the the rest of it with bleach water. After drying in the sun for a couple of hours it was as good as new.
Tiny Boy is our youngest, and I kind of wanted one of these things since I had Bean, but could never justify the cost in buying one. I hardly go to yard sales, so this was an extremely pleasant surprise for me to find. The neat thing about it was, I found it just as Tiny Boy was starting to be able to use such a device. It was perfect timing!
I believe the Lord knew that I needed this, because I am a busy mommy now with three children, and it is nice to be able to sit him in there while I get some things done around the house. He loves it, and has a good time in it, and I know exactly where he is. :)
For more Frugal Friday ideas click on the Frugal Friday link above. :)

5 comments:

Paula said...

What a good deal! :)
It's good to "see" you again.

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Anonymous said...

Great find!! It looks like the baby is enjoying it too.

Paula said...

Mommy,
I just saw your name listed as the winner of a book at Kim C.'s blog. Just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't know yet. Congratulations!

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Mommy said...

Wow! Thanks for the headup. I can't believe I actually won something. :)

Saph said...

Wow, that's an awesome find!! I can't believe that person was throwing all that out and didn't try to find someone or somewhere to bring it to where it could be reused. I always donate my daughter's stuff to someone or somewhere. Have you tried freecycle.org?
God Bless!