ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Kim Anderson~ Peekaboo I Love You!


Today I would like to show you what my husband gave me for my birthday during our courtship. It is a Kim Anderson figure that says on the bottom, "Peekaboo I Love You!" Sorry for the picture being so blurry. I need new batteries in the camera, and so I get what I can before my camera shuts down.

There is a little story to this figure that means more to me, than probably my sweet husband remembers, LOL!

Hubby and I met in college. During my first semester, he made hints that he was "interested" in my "friendship" but took it really slow. Many people teased me about him being my boyfriend, but we were not really. Finally he asked me to go the Christmas banquet.

During Christmas break, my "friend" came and visited my parents and asked my father for permission to court me with the intention of marriage. There was a long talk with my future husband, and my parents gave him their approval of such a relationship.

The second semester was spent getting to know each other on a deeper level. What our goals in life were, what we valued the most etc. The relationship was moving along pretty fast.

By Summer time, my future husband started hinting about marriage. What I thought about that, and so on. The thing was, he never declared his love to me. He just told me that he liked me "a lot".

Well, that wasn't enough commitment in my mind for him to be talking about marriage! I went to visit his family to meet them for the first time. Many of his Aunts were asking what our intentions were, and I had no clue what to tell them. I was very aloof, and I am sure many of them thought I was snobby. But I really didn't know what to tell them!

It became a huge delima to me. Here he was talking about marriage, but I wasn't sure if he even loved me. Someone finally told him, what turmoil I was in (ha!) and he told me that he loved me when I went back to my home state.

Dummy me, I later found out I ruined everything for him. He was going to tell me he loved me when he proposed. Because he really hadn't proposed; he just was talking about the idea of marriage with me. But in a girls mind, when I guy does that, she needs to know that he really is meaning what he is talking about! LOL!

Anyway, a wise older man told him how important for a girl to know these sort of things, when he begins to talk about something as serious as marriage.

So off I went to home 1000 miles home, with my head in the clouds! Two months later I received a package from him. It was for my birthday. Inside the box were a number of items, but this was the main one. And it was the Kim Anderson figure that said, "Peekaboo, I Love You!"

Oh, how my heart did a million flutters when I saw it. To this day it is very special to me.
By the way, he proposed to me five months later. :) He worked hard all summer to save up for my beautiful diamond. (Of course I didn't know that until later on) I also picked out my wedding gown before he proposed! :) I guess I was pretty confident that he loved me. :)

For more Show and Tell stories click on the show and tell button at the beginning of my post. Thanks for reading!

15 comments:

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

What a great story! SO sweet. I have a small collection of Kim Anderson figurines about 5-6 all bought for me by my DH. They are so cute I just love them.

Thanks for sharing
~Amy

Hootin Anni said...

Awwwwwwww, that sentiment makes a woman melt doesn't it? Especially from a hubby? [or future hubby!!]

Love your Wordless Wednesday too. I can see it as I type....cute kids!!!

Susie said...

What a wonderful love story to go along with this cute figurine. No wonder you treasure it so!
:)

LadySnow said...

I love those..I used to sell those at a gift shop I used to work in. I think they are adorable. :D

Paula said...

What a sweet story to go along with your special figurine.

I remember seeing the two of you around in the early days of your relationship. Three kiddos later--look how the Lord has blessed your marriage.

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Mary said...

A wonderful post. I loved the story behind the figurine and it is lovely. Thanks so much for sharing.

Lynne said...

That is such a cute figurine and a sweet story, too.

My mother used to sing that song a lot-"Peekaboo I love you."

Hootin Anni said...

Hi again....no need to worry 'bout dropping off a comment. It's just too fun for me to visit Show N Tell ladies/gents. The stuff that people share is awesome. So no worries. Glad you found the right 'link' to comment tho. Your words were very nice.

[And to answer your question, yes, I designed the blog template. And I have one done for Autumn after Halloween is over. ---pssst, the comments link will be different, I think it's something like the number then, "give thanks".

Martha said...

I love old love stories! Thanks for sharing about your dating. I liked your figurine.
Have a great weekend.
Jane

Anonymous said...

Too sweet! Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

Clearly, dear M, your man likes romantic declarations wrapped in surprises. A beautiful idea and I hope he is still surprising you!

Blessings and bliss

Carole Burant said...

Such a beautiful figurine and I loved hearing the story behind it!! No wonder it's so special to you:-) We girls do indeed need to be told up front that we are loved! lol xo

Anonymous said...

What a great story! I also received a Kim Anderson figurine during my courtship and I used it for my wedding cake topper.
Have a great weekend!

Celestial Freak said...

So sweet. I love those figureines. My hubby and I have one that we got for our wedding and used as our cake topper. I'll have to post it on Friday for my next show and tell.

Your courtship story made me smile. I picked out my wedding gown before the official proposal too. Well, my pattern anyway, and the fabric. But yeah, I was pretty certain I knew what he was up to too.

Great story!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I'm trying to catch up on the S&T's that I've missed, sorry I missed them - you are a great story teller! I love your love story!

I have one of the KA figurines, mine is "We've only just begun" and they are kissing! Yours is so cute too!

Katherine