ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Sunday, December 16, 2007

All Dolled Up

Last Night was My husband's work Christmas Party. This is the first time that my husband and I have purposely tried to match each other. :) It was alot of fun shopping with DH trying to help him find the right shirt and tie.
The party was held at some fancy hotel; but the food wasn't five star that's for sure. But it was still tasty enough! This party was very fun, because we played games to win raffle tickets to win some great prizes.

My husband did well, because we won three prizes. One of which was this bike! However there is a story behind how he got this bike, because it wasn't the original prize that he won.
There were five groupings of prizes. My husband put all, so he thought but one of the raffle tickets into a group of prizes that had a video camera. That was what he was going to try to win. The other ticket he put in for this bike which was the last grouping of gifts.

Well, we won something from the group of prizes that the video camera was in. Guess what it was!???? A $100 gift certificate to a spa. Guess what I get! A whole *hour* of deep tissue massage. My husband was happy with that prize, because I kill his hands when he gives me a massage. Of course I will be getting a lady to do the massage. ;-)

The next grouping of prizes, DH told me he didn't put any tickets in the box. So we were waiting until the group of prizes with the bike. We were enjoying seeing what everyone was winning. Then the XBOX 350 was next in line. This was a *highly* coveted prize. *EVERY* man, it seemed wanted this. The number was called, and I was looking around seeing who would win. All of the sudden my husband got up, and walked up there! I was like, "Where is he going?" He won the XBOX! He tells me he does *not* remember putting his ticket in that grouping. I guess he did though somehow. And that is what he won!

So as we sat there discussing his prize didn't know what he was going to do with it, because our TV is so small. And he likes computer games mostly. He said he didn't need another time waster either.

When the bike came up, we looked at our tickets, but another man got it. But when he went and got it, he yelled out, This bike has J's name on it! So J went over to him and traded the XBOX for the bike, *and* guess what else?.........

1/2 karat diamond earrings!!!!

We really came up on top with our winnings. I wish I could post a picture of the earrings, but I can't get a good close up of them. Wow, real diamond earrings! I am soo excited. I am not a big jewelry person. But I like simple elegance; and that is exactly what these earrings portray!

It was a very fun evening!

4 comments:

Jen said...

You two look great:) It sounds like you had a lot of fun!!! And the prizes sound wonderful!

Paula said...

What a great picture of the two of you! Your hair looks great!:)

I'm glad you were both able to go home with things you like. :)
Blessings,
Mrs. C

Anonymous said...

Wow! What fun! I'm rejoicing with you over your recent winnings! That is a great picture of the two of you as well! Lovely!

Kelli said...

You both look wonderful and I love your dress...very pretty!
What great prizes you won, how exciting! I like diamonds too. :0)
Hugs,
Kelli