ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bean's Potty Trained!!!


For those of you who are interested in knowing, Bean was pottied trained in the end of January sometime. She still has a little accident now and then, and going #2 has been a challenge. She doesn't like to be sitting when she does that, so she holds it, till I put a pull up on her for nap time or bed time. She will use that opportunity to finish up business. But she has gone # 2 on the potty; it is all psychological with her.

I think I found a way to potty train that works for me. I wait until the child is well aware (and I am too that they know) of the sensations of going potty.

Then I say to them, "OK, your a big girl now", and put them in their "big" girl panties. Give them their favorite drink (In Bean's case Capri Suns) and let them have as *much* as they want. They will have a couple of accidents, but they will be going all day, and finally learn how to control themselves. It took about a day for Bean to learn. On the second day she had about two accidents. Now she has very few, as long as I am consistent in making sure sits on the potty every two or three hours.

During the training process she got a piece of candy every time she went to the potty. She caught on to the this pretty quick, and would come tell me she needed to go potty so she could get the candy. So it was a very positive experience for her, because she drank juice that she rarely has, and ate tons of candy.








0 comments: