ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Firm Foundations


Every Wednesday night I have been going to a Bible study hosted by some New Tribes Missionaries. The Bible study is a Chronological approach to Salvation. This studies main focus though, is not what man needs to *do* to be saved, but what *God* has already *done* for man.
This is the study that the New Tribes Mission uses to evangelize tribes that have never even heard of God the Creator; as well as tribes that have made a profession of faith without really understanding salvation to begin with.
God is the focus of the study, and its intended purpose is to build faith in God as the person studies the Word of God; and finds out who God is as he has revealed himself to man in the Bible. It begins in the beginning of the Bible, and each "bible" story that we know takes on a different perspective as God becomes the hero, and man is the sinner, who believes God.
Usually, when we hear different Bible stories, such as David and Goliath, or Noah and the ark, or Moses and the 10 commandments, we see the greatness of man. But in this study, we see the sinfulness of man, and the absolute greatness of God, as God deals with man according to his Justice, Grace, Mercy, Love, Holiness, etc. Our faith in God is increased as we see who he really is. More than our minds could of ever fathomed.
This study has been slowly changing my perspective on the character of God. I had always "known" He was those things, but I really didn't understand "how" he was, until I have *seen* Him with the way He has dealt with man in history past. I am finding Him to be so great and wonderful, while I am so little and nothing. My faith in his character is becoming more grounded in *him*.
While this study is intended for salvation, it is also a great study to become more grounded in one's walk with the Lord, because you start to *know* him on a more personal level. It is also for the purpose to help those who have doubts about their salvation and have a more clear understanding of salvation.
So far, in this study, we have come to Abraham. But I am going to share with you what I have been learning in this study. There are some thought provoking things, that many skip over, as they read the Bible. But I am discovering little treasures of truth, and finding out the character of God through these treasures. It is amazing! So tomorrow, I will post what I have learned about God's Word, aka, The Bible. Some amazing things, that I did not know, that has really helped me, and I pray will help you too.
Here is a link where you can order one for yourself if you want to. www.ntm.org

0 comments: