ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Getting back into the groove of exercising

It has been over a year that I have consistently exercised. It is time to get started again. Last week, I did six days, and I am plum tuckered out! Nevertheless, it needs to be done. When my body is in shape I have much more energy to be able to accomplish all that I need to, and I sleep more soundly at night. The only problem I am encountering is keeping the children occupied while I am exercising. I know that I should get up before they wake up, but right now I am so tired in the mornings, that I sleep until 7:30, or 8:00. Sometimes til' 9:00. (blush)

The girls have been getting up a lot earlier now that the time changed. I can't understand it! I would think that they would get up later by their time clock, but nope. They get up an hour earlier by their time clock. Before the time changed they were getting up at 7:30, so I thought that they would be getting up around 8:30 when the time changed. But they still stuck with the 7:30 time table, thus making it like 6:30 for me!

So that is another challenge. I probably should get up around 5:30 if I want to exercise and dress before they wake up, but I just plain don't feel like doing that. But I suppose I am going to have to sooner or later.

With starting my exercising back up, I started doing "Walk Away the Pounds" but instead of walking I jogged. I only lost 1lb. So this week I am going back to an Old Stormie O'Martin exercise tape, that combines aerobics and some Pilate's which worked super well for me in the past.

When I began that routine, man, I felt like my chest was burning. I also woke up extremely sore the next day, all in the places that I want to loose the weight, so I know that it is working!
(smile)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mommy! Love your blog!
Keep up the good work with your exercising. The aches will go away in a couple of days, and you will soon have more energy, too. Pastor Dan & I have started riding our bikes again, and the "winter weight" is beginning to come off.
Cindy in Indiana

Anonymous said...

Hey! Your blog is so cute. I admire you for it. I am glad to read, though, that you sleep in too. Don't feel bad, your not the only one! With the ages of my boys being 4,3,2 and 5 months, I also like to get the extra sleep!!
Robin B.