ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Modesty Survey

Over the recent years my thoughts on what dressing modestly is all about has been changing. It is more than dressing to the the letter of the law in the Bible. It is attitude, conversation, example; the whole demeanor of a lady. It is about bring glory to the Lord Jesus rather than to ourselves. We can go into the opposite extremes on either side and draw unwanted attention to ourselves.
We could dress and cover from head to toe, so that know one knows there is a woman under that garment, or we could go completely naked. Both do not bring the beholders eyes to the Lord Jesus Christ. They are too focused on *what* they are seeing. In the light of that, I want to share with you something that I discovered that is really neat. It is the modesty Survey.

In this Survey 100's of Christian Girls submitted detailed questions about clothing and behavior, and over 1600 guys answered. The men's ages range from 14-50's, and gave a great point of view on how a woman's dress can affect men.

It was a real eye opener for me. For one thing, it showed me that some things that I thought were modest really were not, and some things that I didn't think were modest didn't bother a guy at all. I had my husband sit down with me and go through most of the questions, and his answers surprised me also by agreeing with the majority of the men.

The survey has caused me to be more conscience about the way I carry myself more than anything.

Anyway, here is a link to it. Check it out! It is well worth us ladies to see what our men are thinking about us. http://www.therebelution.com/modestysurvey/

0 comments: