ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Blessing From The Lord


Last night, after I tucked all the children in bed, I heard a thump, then a child crying. At first I thought it was one of the girls, because that is something I would normally hear from them. But it was Little Tiny Boy. I thought that was kind of peculiar, and wondered what he could of done to make that noise. He sleeps in a crib, and he is too short to climb out of it.

Then it dawned on me. Our crib is a Baby Tenda, which has a door on the side. I forgot (I know I am a bad mommy) to latch the door from his afternoon nap. I had taken him out of the door after nap time, but when I put him to bed that night, I had put him in the normal way.

Anyway, I get in his room, and somehow he ended up under the crib. I am not sure how that happened! I then picked him up and soothed him by rocking him.

As I was rocking him, I started to think about my children and how fast they were growing up. My children are pretty close in age. The oldest and second are 20 months apart, and the second and third are 24 months. It just seems I get in a rote routine, with them that I don't really stop to enjoy them. I have also been having some hard time emotionally, and that makes it harder to stop and enjoy your children when you are dealing with some other issues. I just do things because they have to be done, without really thinking about it. It is just automatic most of the time. Sometimes I just feel *numb* to those around me, because my mind's going in a different million directions. I have been doing better with this than I normally do, but just sitting there quiet and thinking about all of this, put into perspective of how much I am missing with my children.
This was really bothering me, and I started to pray about it. I asked the Lord to please help me to stop and start enjoying my children because they are growing up so fast. After I was done praying, I was still rocking Tiny Boy. I then started to pat and rub his back. All the sudden I felt a tiny little hand patting my arm. Boy that did my heart alot of good, and I sure did enjoy that! Tiny Boy is only 14 months, and he was showing his affection back to me. Out of all my children, I don't remember my babies ever doing that at such a young age. Maybe babies do this, but my girls didn't, and it was the first time that Tiny Boy did.

I found ironic that *just* after I prayed that the Lord would help me to enjoy and savor the moments with my children, that Tiny Boy showed some love to his mommy. The Lord is so good, to even hear the slightest details of our heart concerns. :)

1 comments:

Paula said...

What a sweet reminder!