ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thankful Thrusdays~ Thankful for The Lord

I know that this may seem generic in the form of Thankful for the Lord, but I really am! I am so *thankful* that He is good! I am so Thankful that *all* of His attributes work together in complete harmony. If He were all justice we would be toast. We deserve to be toast. But, He is also love, and His love and justice worked together, and came up with a beautiful plan, and that plan was His only begotten Son dying on the Cross. God became a man, and bore our sin on himself. What absolute Love! I am so Thankful for that!
I am thankful that He wants a relationship with me, even after I sinned against Him. I am Thankful that He cares about all of my problems. I am Thankful that He is God of the Bible. Not the god of man's perception. I am thankful that He gives His grace to those who recognize their need of Him. I am Thankful that *He* pursues me.
I am Thankful that when others give up on other people, that He still died for them. His death provided salvation for them too. I am so thankful for His Word. I am thankful that he gave it to me so I could find out who *He* is and what *He* is like, not just a "guide book for life", but an actual autobiography of God!
I am Thankful for the Lord today! :)

7 comments:

Nise' said...

"I am Thankful that He is God of the Bible. Not the god of man's perception" This is so profound and so true! Thanks for sharing. I did not find the man. I am so bad that those things. I have to have someone point it out.

Diane Viere said...

Yes, you are so right! God's Word...is so much more than a guidebook...it is the living, breathing VOICE of our God...who reaches out to us in very tangible ways!

Great TT!

Diane

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Every day we should be thankful for our LOrd!! This is why I love these Thankful Thursdays. I get to list what i am thankful for!! Some weeks I feel like I say the same things but I am thankful for so many many things but they all come back to my salvation and what Jesus has done for me....Great list. Mine is up too.
Sandya

Denise said...

Such a precious thankful list, bless you.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Amen! I love the fact that He pursues me. How blessed are we?
And I found the man. Cute!

Denise said...

http://www.forhimwebdesigns.com/codes.htm this is where you can find the song that is on my blog sweety.

eph2810 said...

What a beautiful thankful post. Thank you sharing your grateful heart with us today...I am too thankful for His mercy and grace.

Blessings to you and yours.