ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A Couple of Mistakes Turned Out a Great Dish


Ok, I know what some of you are thinking; "YUCK!". Alot of people don't appreciate my taste for fine gormet foods. :)
This was supposed to be Black Beans and Rice with Italian Susage.
When I went to get the ingredients out, somethings were not according to my plan. My plan, was to cook the black beans and susage in Chicken Broth. When I poured the Chicken Broth into the crockpot, I noticed funny little chunks in it. I looked at the label of the can, and noticed that it was preseasoned with Garlic. "Ok" I thought. "Not a problem, it should be fine with Italian susage. I was going to put garlic in there anyway, this just saves me a step." When I got the susage out, I noticed that I did not buy Italian susage, but "lime" something susage. I am not an expert cook, but I thought combining Lime, and garlic sounded funny. I had not other choice but to continue cooking, because I had no other options for supper. So, I decided at this point, I couldn't do much to make it worse, and I added Italian seasoning to it. After it cooked all day long in the crock pot, I made some brown rice, and broccoli. I topped the rice with the black bean mixture, and sprinkled a mexican four cheese mix on top of it. I must say it was pretty good. Even Bean, my MOST picky eater, ate it!

0 comments: