ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Out of the Mouth's of Babes


The kids have been saying such funny and profound things lately, that I wanted to share it with you.
First off, we will start with Sweetie.
Sweetie: Mommy, I wish I could fly.
Mommy: Well, if you are saved, one day when you die you will fly up to heaven.
Sweetie: You mean I will fly when I am dead?
Mommy: No, your skin will die, but you will still live, and you will fly and go to heaven if you are saved.
Sweetie seems satisfied and starts to walk away, then she suddenly turns around and says,
Sweetie: Oh, you mean my body won't escape, but my mind will?
Mommy: Yea something like that! :)
Then Bean's profoundness came though. We were learning about electricity in The Storm in the Night. I explained a little bit of the process of how it works. Then I took the girls outside, showed them the power lines, how they connected to our house. I pointed out the meter box, and took inside our garage to show them the breaker box. I explained that there were wires in the walls that connected to the outlets. So when we plug things in, electricity makes our things work.
Later on, I was asking Bean and Sweetie what some sources of light were. Bean (who is 3 years old) says electricity. I said, "That is right, but what about a light bulb, does that make light?" Bean replies matter of factly "no" Electricity makes the light bulb light up!
Then, tonight we were riding in the car, when Bean says, "Mommy, I am afraid of the dark." I tried to comfort her by saying she has a night light in her room. Sweetie pipes up, in a sweet, and understanding voice and says, "You know what Bean? I am kind of afraid of the dark also. But do you know what I do? I just sit there and think that the dark really isn't *that* scary and it helps. You should try that next time."
These kids are getting to be such a hoot and a lot of fun to listen to their dialog!

2 comments:

Paula said...

I am forever saying, "I need to write down what ______ just said before I forget."

Unfortunately, I forget to write it down. :)

I love to listen to my kids reasoning things out with each other, too.

BTW, yes, that was Lil' Nut in the picture. :)

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

So cute! My kids are a blast to listen too especially my 5 year old twins...the things they come up with sometimes ;)

Have a great weekend
~Amy