ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Friday, October 19, 2007

Fall Decorations


Since everyone seems to be showing their fall decorations, I decided to show mine as well.
To begin with I would like to show the bulletin board that I decorated for the children for school. It has a poem on it by Robert Lewis Stevenson about Autumn. This is the front of my house which has a tin pumpkin on the front door that says, "Give Thanks". On the floor next to the door are some yellow mums planted in pots that the girls painted. There is a little scarecrow planter stuck in the mums. In front of the mums is a Terra cotta bowel with a little pumpkin and squash in it.

A close up of the door A close up of the mums, pumpkins and scarecrow
On my Piano I have some resin pumpkins that say have a thanksgiving Bible verse on it, and a phrase to the song, "Praise God from whom all blessings flow". There are also real dried leaves spread across the top of the piano.
A close up of my resin pumpkins, and real dried leaves.

My coffee table with a tiny pumpkin, and squash in a crystal bowel. A dark resin sign that says, "Be Thankful." I then spread fake leaves all across the table. I spread the leaves across my end tables as well.

Some leaves on a shelf.
My kitchen table, with a plastic table cloth (Hey I have tiny children in the house!:) with a leaf print on it. A cornucopia filled with pumpkins squash, fake grapes and a fake apple. Pumpkin colored candles in crystal candle holders. Then to finish it off, laminated place mates with turkeys on them.

So there you have it. My fall decorations. Just a few simple things, but hopefully it puts people in the mood for fall weather. :) Thanks for stopping by and looking.


For more show and Tell items please click on the Show and Tell button on top of my post.

14 comments:

Tom said...

Lovely decorations. Isn't fall wonderful?

Susan said...

I think it is just wonderful that so many of your fall decorations have something to the Lord on them.
Susan

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

Oh I love all your decorations! My favorite is the pumpkin tin on the door, and the pumpkins on your piano so pretty! Oh and your bulletin board is very nice too.
~Amy

Paula said...

I enjoyed looking at your fall decorations! I have a couple of pumkins identical to yours. :)
Blessings,
Mrs. C

Carole Burant said...

I just love the way you've decorated for Autumn...sometimes simple is the best way to go:-) Everything looks wonderful and very welcoming! xo

Anonymous said...

What BEAUTIFUL fall decorations!! I can totally relate to the plastic table cloth too. Very smart if you ask me!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

I love your resin pumpkins. I would love to have some. Your decorations look very festive. Thanks for sharing.

Lynne said...

Your fall decorations are so pretty. I really like the resin pumpkins with the verses.

nannykim said...

I especially like your front door decoration. --very cheerful.

Quinne said...

Fall is such a wonderful season! It is a joy to celebrate being thankful, isn't it? Thanks so much for sharing your decorations this week. Blessings! Q

Unknown said...

Your seasonal decorations are impressive and creative.

Blessings and bliss

Unknown said...

Great decorations! I wish I could get some docorations for our house!

Unknown said...

what a nice vignette of Fall decor. Happy Fall to you and yours !!!
mica

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I like your fall decorations! I'll be adding my Thanksgiving decor to my scarecrow/fall decorations this weekend.

Katherine