ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Bird Cage Needs Lots of Help! *Updated

*Update below

Oh, Boy! This is really embarrassing. I tell you, taking care of animals is more work than taking care of children! This is my bird's cage. It needs a really bad cleaning. Now mind you, I do change the paper every so often. (Like when company's coming over, ;) ) However, it needs a really good scrubbing down. I don't think I have done this since Tiny Boy was born. So this is my tackle it Tuesday. And it is going to be a tough tackle, let me tell you!
Once it is done, I will post after pictures of my finished product. It is probably going to take most of the day to complete. So here it goes!

*Pictured below is something that I never gave my due thanks to my sweet husband for. He rigged up this hose, so I can turn it on and off as I work. Not only that, but it had a high pressure nozzle on it, that made super duper quick work at cleaning the cage. This was the first time using it, that I understood, and appreciated why he put this on the hose. :)

Here is the bird cage all taken apart, drying in the sun. It was a beautiful day to clean the cage at least. While I had the hose, and was outside all sopping wet, I cleaned up the children's table and chairs. Nasty spiders had made their home in the table, and laid too many egg sacks in it for my comfort. (shudder)


Here is the poor little birdie all cooped up in a teeny tiny cage while her cage was drying.


And Presto! Here is the finished product. I feel right quite proud of such a feat. It is as good as new. Something it hasn't looked like in a loooong time! My mother would be proud! :)

5 comments:

Beckaboo said...

Are you sure that isn't MY bird cage? Mine looks very similar. Sigh... A tackle for another day, to be sure.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I had a bird as a kid and remember dreading having to clean it (my job) and good luck with your tackle :)

Blended in Texas said...

Yep- that was some tackle! Luckily, I don't have to deal with anything like that- we don't have any pets. Good job though- it does look like a brand new cage! =)

~Bren~ said...

That was a great tackle. GOOD JOB!!!

Phoenix said...

That is awesome you did a great job! I totally agree that taking care of birds is a feat in itself! We used to have two finches and they would fling their food everywhere! lol