ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Laundry System



I am a lazy laundress. With three children, at one point four and under, I may of found a laundry system that is not very stressful, but also not very much according to proper house keeping rules.
First off, I do laundry every other day. I do only one load.
Now I am going to break rules. Once I know that the fabric won't bleed, I throw all my colors together. I wash in cold water most of the time, which doesn't bleed fabrics as easily.

Most fabrics these days are colorfast, however I always question red. So I always wash those separately; until I know that it is color fast.

My wardrobe is very simple I have two jean skirts. One to wash, one to wear. Unless my children's clothing is very dirty or soiled, I make them wear one pair of underware a day.
I put the wash in the morning, and throw it in the dryer later in the day, then fold and put away.
My baby sleeps in the clothes that I dress him in the morning with. Unless he has had a bath, or it will be cold, then I put him in a footed sleeper.


If someone has been sick, then I will wash in hot water. I only wash sheets every few weeks.

I put vinegar in with the laundry soap, and a few drops of tea tree oil.


If I get behind at all, and have a mountain to climb, then I will divide my clothes the proper way. But for now, this is what works for me. Shocking?
For more ideas that work for others, click on the button on top of my post. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why tea tree oil?

Kelli said...

Those are some great tips! Laundry is one of my least favorite chores so I try to keep on top of it too!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!
Hugs,
Kelli

Unknown said...

Love these ideas! Boy does laundry define our family sometimes...I have decided I would be fine with school uniforms!!!!

MrsMomma said...

That's very similar to what I do. Although I wash almost everyday. But I do wash mostly in cold. I wash our towels & cloths in hot water. I separate in darks, whites & lights, and reds. If I'm afraid something will bleed on something else, than I put some salt into the water. What does the tea tree oil do?

Happy Thanksgiving!
-Heather

Unknown said...

With a family of 8 I'm one of the lucky ones that need to sort and can wash on color: so red, blue, light colours, green and yellow, white, black, and dark, they all have their own load.

Arghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Feel welcome to visit me at:

Laane on the World

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mary said...

There is just hubby and I, so we do laundry only when we have to, usually once a week. Monday is washday around here, just like it was in the old days. I divide all the clothes, but will put my tops in with the white if I'm sure they don't bleed. We need all the shortcuts we can find these days. Besides, it saves on water and electricity. My grandmother would have a fit. LOL

Blessings,
Mary

Amy said...

I always wash in cold also. I try to do a load a day to stay caught up.
Mainly, I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one that doesn't put the baby in pajamas every night. If what he is wearing when bedtime comes around is still clean & dry, then that is what he's sleeping in!