ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Our Thanksgiving

Thursday morning, I didn't have to get up and roast a Turkey; Great Grandma was doing that at her house. ;-)
Instead, I slept in till 9:00 am, wow! What a glorious feeling that was, to wake up late like that. I tried to watch the Macy's Day Parade with the girls, but in my opinion (sorry folks) it was dumb! When I was a kid I remembered them showing a lot more of the parade. This time, it was more of Holly Wood gossip. The girls lost interest real quick, and I didn't blame them. It was nothing like I remembered as a kid. :(
Pretty soon, we started to get ready to head to Great Grandma and Great Grandpa's house. It is about an hour and half drive, so we had lots of stuff to pack to keep the kids entertained.
When we arrived, the house smelled wonderful from the turkey roasting in the oven. My sister in law and brother in law also came with their new little guy.
We had a delicious menu of:
Roast Turkey and gravy
Sweet Potato Casserole
Cranberry jelly and relish
Marshmellow delight salad
Fruit Salad
Fruit Dip
Cheese ball with crackers
Corn bread casserole
Mashed potatoes
Turkey stuffing
Bread
Homemade jam
Green beans fried in bacon grease with bacon pieces
peas
Turkey Cookies (the ones that I showed on my Thanksgiving posts)
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Dump Cake
(And probably more that I am forgetting! :))

We spent the rest of the afternoon talking and sharing good fellowship. The girls, (oh my goodness) started coloring, Great Grandma's concrete porch floor! We gave the girls consequences, (like no pumpkin pie, but we later found out that Great Grandma gave them some anyway ;-) ) and I cleaned the floor.

However, I was really excited about one thing. HOURS later, Sweetie came up to me and apologized, on her own, for coloring on Great Grandma's floor. She then went to Great Grandma and asked for an apology. This is the first time, that I know of that, she came on her own free will and apologized like that.

The girls then watched movies galore. Aunt Mommy brought a few Thanksgiving movies, and I too, had a few movies for them to watch. This kept them busy for a while. :)

And, poor Little Tiny Boy. In the middle of our feast he came down with a fever. He spent most of the day crying, or in my lap, or laying down on Great Grandma's guest bed. :( If you look to the right of Little Tiny Boy, you will see a train engine. That brought him great comfort in his illness. :)

We had a great day, with lots of fun! Great Grandma and Great Grandpa got to see their newest great grandchild for the first time I believe

Isn't he a cutie! :) That is my new little nephew!





2 comments:

MrsMomma said...

Sound's like a wonderful time, other than Tiny Boy's fever. I hope hes feeling better now.

-Heather

Amy said...

Oh my goodness - glad to know we weren't the only ones sorely disappointed in the Macy's parade. It was like one big commercial! I had been telling my 4 yr old about all the big balloons for a couple of days, and then they hardly showed them!

Anyway, I will stop my ranting & complaining there, but I just had to comment to say "us too"! :)

Sounds like you had a great Tgiving!