ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Variation on Libby's Pumpkin Pie Recipe & Corn Bread Casserole

My husband at a previous Thanksgiving making Pumpkin Pie with the Kids and cousins
Today I will share two recipes that both my husband and I enjoy at Thanksgiving. My husband likes pumpkin pie. However he is very picky about his pumpkin pie. :) He likes to use Libby's recipe, but adjust it a bit. He got this variation from his Dad, who loves to bake himself. :)

Make sure to get Libby's 100% PURE PUMPKIN because Libby's also makes a Pumpkin Pie mix.

Now for the variations:
Instead of the amount of sugar called for in the recipe on the can, put in 1/8 more of a Cup of sugar. Make sure you mix the spices with the sugar.
In stead of using condensed milk, use %2 milk. My husband says the 2% milk keeps the pie from tasting thick and pasty. Using the %2 milk makes it taste smooth and creamy.
This is a recipe that I enjoy on Thanksgiving. I actually had it for the first time at a ladies meeting when Mrs. C. and I attended the same Church. It is very good!

Corn Bread Casserole
1 Can cream style corn
1 Can whole kernel corn
1 Stick of butter, melted
1 Egg
8 Ounces of Sour Cream
2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese

In a large bowel Mix both cans of corn together included the liquid in the Whole Kernel Corn
Add slightly beaten egg and cornbread mix. Put into a glass 11x13 slightly greased pan. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes to one hour, or until tester comes out clean, but not dry.

Once done, spread Sour Cream on top of Corn bread, then sprinkle cheddar Cheese all over the top while it is still hot. Enjoy!

To read what others are writing about Thanksgiving, be sure to visit Kelli's by clicking on the Giving Thanks Button on the top of my post. :)


5 comments:

~Babychaser~ said...

That Pumpkin Pie recipe is briliant! I wonder if my DH would like Pumpkin Pie better like that. He doesn't care much for it, but I do! I'll have to try it out sometime! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...the cornbread casserole sounds yummy!

Kerri

Kelli said...

Mmm..corn and pumpkin, two of my favorite things to eat! Thank you for the yummy recipes!
Kelli
P.s I don't wear the bracelet anymore because my wrist isn't as small now as it was before I got married. ;0)

Lynne said...

Yummy recipes-I love pumpkin pie, have to try the 2% milk next time.

Anonymous said...

Cornbread casserole sounds so yummy