ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas 2007


This year we traveled to Michigan to spend time and Christmas with my husband's parents. It was a long drive up, but I thought that the children did well for such a long trip. Once I put a diaper on Bean so we didn't have to stop every hour. ;-)

Sunday we went to Church. Usually I don't dress Tiny Boy up much for church. But here he is all dressed up for Church. :)
My In Laws Church has a deaf ministry. Sweetie and Bean saw the people up on the platform signing. After Church they both got up there and did some signs that they know. However, Bean got camera shy, and covered her face. For what reason I don't know, she usually loves her picture taken.
Christmas Eve we went to my husband's mother's side of the family and stuffed our faces on some great food. Then we all just sort of hung out. The kids running around, the grown kids ( um I mean men) playing XBOX. Some of us played Phase 10 and Apples to Apples.
Then we came back to my husband's parents home and I let the kids open one gift. It was their pajamas, which we call cozies, that I made them.
They begin to dig in. Tiny Boy watching in amazement.
"Sooo, that is what you do with this thing! I'll give a whack at it." thought Tiny Boy

"This is a lot tougher than I thought it would be!"



"I GOT PINK!!!" Then Sweetie plasters on her fake smile "Look at mine!"Success!

All ready for bed. Being Silly.

We finally put the kiddos to bed at 11:30! Guess what time I actually got to sleep in to? 9:30am! That is the latest I have slept without interruption since I don't know when.

Once the kids were to bed, I set up the tepee that I made for them. When the girls ran out of the bedroom and saw it, their Aunt told them that it was Grandpa's gift.

When gift opening began I sat the girls in front of the Tepee and we told them that the Tepee was really theirs. Here is a picture of their reaction.

Tiny Boy got some cowboy getupThe girls opening gifts together "Huh?"

All of this was just too overwhelming for Tiny Boy One of the quilts I made for the girls.

Sweetie received face painting Pencils from Grandma. Here is some of the fun I had with them:

A moustache for Tiny Boy. A Tiger for Bean I attempted to do a horse for Sweetie, which didn't quite turn out like I had wanted it to. It was kind of a disappointment to her too.

When I finished up, I told Sweetie to go and look in the mirror and see what she thought about it. She came out with this serious look on her face, which with the horse attempt makeup, made her look very funny. Trying not to laugh, she then says, "I look weird" in a very teenager kind of voice.

At this point I cracked up so much that everyone thought I was crying. I then told Sweetie to tell everyone what she told me. She then proceeded to climb in a chair like she was going to give a speech, and said, "Do I look weird or what!?" Everyone then understood why I was laughing, and at this point Sweetie ran and hid in the Tepee, and this is the shot I got of her horse face. She would look at the camera. :)

2 comments:

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

What a great Christmas!!! These photos showcase pure joy...and I love the camo PJs! My daughter has plenty, LOL!

(Love your Show & Tell, too...*I* would enjoy that, haha!)

Happy weekend!

TJ said...

Cute photos! We have a deaf ministry at our church too. I love that the signing my kids learn at home and on tv (Signing Time) is reinforced each Sunday. Too bad they stopped once you tried to catch them in the act.