ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Friday, January 11, 2008

A Girly Tee Pee

Show and Tell

I did a lot of sewing for Christmas presents this year. This is one of the items that I made for my girls. A tee pee. Princess style. ;-)

It was very easy to make; one of the easiest things I have made this far I believe. Just straight seams and hemming. Oh, there were two button holes also. Cutting it out was more work than sewing it. :)

There were other parts to making this that didn't require sewing. I had to buy PVC pipe and then paint it. Which was quite a task, because I painted it on a windy day. Yikes! But all and all it was a very fun and easy project.


Last night, the girls camped out in their room with it. Sweetie is being little miss actress here. She isn't really asleep. ;-)

Then, it took them about an hour for them to get settled in. Bean wasn't being very nice to Sweetie. She kept pushing her out of the tent with her feet. :(

Well, that is my show and tell today. To see what others are showing and telling visit Kelli's by clicking on the button at the beginning of my entry. Have a wonderful day. :)

26 comments:

Unknown said...

oh they are so cute in the tent you made. How priceless this is. You are such a fun Mommy !!! Stop by and take the spread the Love award I have made for all my friends and give it away as you please. Much love and blessings to you,
Mica

Kathi said...

What a darling idea. Your children are so sweet too. ~ Kathi ~

Hootin Anni said...

Oh wow....I bet they really, REALLY like this T P ----I think I would at MY age too!! You did good!!! This was a super Show N Tell.

Jessica said...

What a great idea!!!! It looks great and I bet your girls will have lots of fun memories with this.

Dawn said...

What a nice mommy you are! That is the cutest darn thing ever!! I would have loved to have that as a child. :-)

Jada said...

Very sweet! I love the girly colors and your girls are cute! What a great gift for them.

MrsMomma said...

That tent is so adorable! You are so talented! The girls look like they enjoyed it, immensely!

-Heather

Cheryl said...

Very sweet photos. Nice job on the tee-pee. I had one as well for my daughter when she was young. I used to put it up outside and her and her friends would be playing then all run into it... then of course it would fall over. lol Fun times~

Anonymous said...

How adorable! You did a great job. I know they will enjoy it for years and remember it fondly when they're grown.

Nora Lee said...

I know your girls love having their own tee-pee to play and sleep in. How precious.

Have a great weekend.

Sandra

Susan said...

What a great job you did. I can imagine the delight of those two girls when they saw this.
Susan

Anonymous said...

my princess would love that,
unfortunately I'm not a sewer, as in machine work!!

Greetings from Northern Ireland.

Dalyn said...

Very cute. My two youngest kids still like to "camp out" in the house...oh they grow too fast!

~~Deby said...

LOVE IT...what a clever idea....oh I want the grown-up size..
Deby

Jen said...

They are so cute!!! You did a great job on it:)

TJ said...

Wow you made that!? Very cool. Kaia got a Disney princess tent from my brother and sister in law for Christmas. She loves it, and Mo loves crashing it in on his big sis just as much as he enjoys being in it.

nannykim said...

Very cute--did you make the design yourself? How stable is it? My daughter might be interested at some point. Let me Know (you can answer on my blog). I can't believe you painted the pcb pipe stuff!! Looks great and fun.

ellen b. said...

Well done! That's a marvelous princess teepee. I love the fabric you chose. Blessings...

Anonymous said...

Can I come over and play too? This was a great gift!
Kathy b

Anonymous said...

Their smiles say it all...you did a GREAT job!
- Cookie

Kelli said...

You are very talented, the teepee is so pretty and what a fun hideaway! Your girls are adorable!
Hugs,
Kelli

Julieann said...

You did beautiful work---I want one too :)

Julieann

the said...

They are so cute ! I miss those days !

Anonymous said...

What a lovely teepee. It's very pretty. My daughters would love it.
☆*´Sarah`*☆

Anonymous said...

lol have I commented twice here now?

nannykim said...

Thanks for answering my question!