ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Grandma's 90th Birthday

On January 1st my Grandma turned 90 years old! We had a small family celebration at a near by hotel's banquet room.

It was a surprise to her, and there is something special that we did for her that I would like to you to see. But before I do that, here are a few pictures I would like to share. Since January's flower is Carnation, and the birthstone is garnet. My parents had a dark red carnation corsage made up for her. Here is her yummy cake.


I wanted to make some special keepsake place cards for the table. I borrowed this idea from MOPS and used the colors of my grandma's party color scheme.
Grandma opening one of her gifts. Sweetie "helping" her out.
And my husband, the one who always brings more life to a party, tries boiling his iced tea in a spoon over a candle! ;-)

But the climax of the party was my Grandma opening her gift from *everyone*. It was a special project that the whole family took part in. We put together a digital scrapbook from Creative Memories of my Grandma's life together.

My Aunt got the photos from my Grandma without my Grandma knowing what it was for. My Aunt told her it was for a class history project. She wanted to show the students old photographs from the past decades. :)

Then my husband spent almost 8, give or take, hours scanning them at work. My mom and our good friend came over to my house and spent the WHOLE day watching the kids while I put the pictures in the template that Creative Memories uses for the album.

Grandma's children, children in-laws, grandchildren, grandchildren in-laws, great grandchildren, and a friend all wrote my grandma a personal note to include within the albums pages.

The album turned out absolutely beautiful, but my Grandma's reaction to it, as they say on the commercial, "Priceless".

1 comments:

TJ said...

What a wonderful event! I remember at my great-grandmother's 100th we treated her to a huge party (when you live to be 100 you have 100's of relatives) and a ride in a limosine. She grew up riding in horse pulled carriages, so it was very special.

I love the colors and that you got them from her birthstone!