ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Romans 5:7-8
For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet preadventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.


I John 4:9-11&16
In this was manifested the love of God twoard us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us, God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
Table all decorated with everyone's Valentine's Day goodies


A girl M&M candy thingamajig on top of a small box of chocloates. Sprinkled with heart confetti, and home-made Valentine cards nestled beside the candy for a the little girls valentine.

A boy M&M figure, same as girls for tiny boy.


Good morning everyone, and Happy Valentines Day! This morning I was pondering how the world really miss-uses the word LOVE. This misuse can be so damaging too. People expect LOVE to be the way that the world protrays it to be. And when "love" isn't dished out the way one expects it to be, disapointment follows. And many times tradedy. Before you think I am being mellow-dramatic, I have seen what this type of worldly "love" can do.

The "only" love that is "true" and real, is the Love of God. No person has ever done for us what God has done. And no person could! Instead of growing discontented over how we are not "loved", (like the world defines love) let us look to the cross. That is where "true" and the only kind of love was demonstrated. You are loved! With the deepest, truest love there ever was, is and will be.

The verse above then says, because God has loved us with this kind of love, we should love one another. It doesn't say we "deserve" this love. We need to focus on God, then on others. And be glad that we are loved so deeply by our creator.

We are designed to *need* love. But only God can truly fill that need. People can try, but we will always end up disspointed or hurt at some time or another with people, and even our loved ones. But God is always love. He is always faithful, and His love never ends.

If you are reading this, and want to know more about the love of God, please email me, and I will be happy to tell you more about it. :)

Come back latter this evening or tomorrow. I will be posting what I did with the children. Have a Happy Valentines Day!

And Happy Birthday to Great Grandma K.! Today is my husband's Grandmother's birthday.

*The Spell checker isn't working right on blogger. *Please* forgive me for my bad spelling. I wasn't the best speller in school. I am slowly getting better as I get older, but I still make mistakes.

4 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

How sweet your gifts are for your family! Have a Happy Valentine's Day! Love,Rachel

Unknown said...

Happy Valentines Day !! looks lovely !! We had a tea party today.. I also left you a blogger Homeschool bouquet award a few posts down on my blog. Have a happy day !!! Mica

mama2drama said...

What a great sweet post. thanks for visiting my blog. I looked at your profile and I was SHOCKED to see you put the Marshalls in your music box! I love the Marshalls! they're friends of mine. I'll definitely be back.

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

Happy belated birthday to your sweet Great Grandma K! I love grandmas...hope that bday blessings abounded!