ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Spinach Spaghetti Casserole



This is a delicious recipe that comes from the Mom's Night out Bible Study I have been going to. They demonstrated this recipe, and I went home and tried it. It is kind of pricey to make, but I had alot of ingredients on hand left over from other recipes. The only thing I bought for the recipe was a hard block of Romano Cheese, meat, Spaghetti Sauce, and Sour Cream. The recipe called for Parmesan, but I have discovered this really yummy Romano cheese. I tried another brand, and I usually can't tell between brands, but with this cheese, you can. So I thought I would make it extra special. Since I had alot of ingredients at home, I splurged on the cheese.

Even Daddy liked it with the Spinach in it, and he isn't very fond of spinach.
With this dinner I made Basil Bread sticks, which I think "may" be a better alternative to garlic bread. It is just Pillsbury dough bread sticks, twisted. I brushed melted butter on them. Sweetie sprinkled dried basil, and left over shredded Romano Cheese. Oh, they are soooooooo good. Daddy thought so too! :)
For the salad, I made a home made dressing using olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar. Daddy isn't too fond of the oil and vinegar combination, so he didn't have any salad. :(
At my Bible study I learned alot about different Olive Oils and Vinegars.
With Olive Oil, it should be Extra Virgin, First Cold Pressed. Light Olive Oil just means that it has a lighter taste, and is not Extra Virgin or cold pressed. It is primarly used in cooking where you don't want an extra strong flavor of olive oil to come through. I also learned that the greener the olive oil the better quality it is.
Balsamic Vinegar is sweet. You should try to buy a Balsamic Vinegar that is product of Italy. NEVER buy the Pompeian brand of Balsamic Vinegar. I was told that it is aweful.

0 comments: