ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Saturday, October 6, 2007

First Day of Kindergarten :)

On Monday, October 1st, we began our first day of "kindergarten". We started the day with a nice healthy breakfast of oatmeal. With maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and milk mixed in. Of course. ;)

I surprised the girls by decorating our bulletin board for school. When I told Sweetie that today was her first day of Kindergarten, she thought that she was actually going to be going to a school building. So, I said, "No we will be doing Kindergarten here at home." She then said, "You mean pretend to play school?" I said, "No we will be doing real school only at home." She still sort of had a confused look on her face, but we proceeded with the day. Here is the Bulletin board that I decorated for them. The blurry parts are their real names, so let's just say that they say, Sweetie, Bean, and Tiny Boy. :)


After our morning chores, I got the girls dressed in their new "school" outfits, that Sweetie helped me pick out. Bean, is sort of "tagging" along in school with us, so we call it preschool for her sake; although I am not being very pushy about it. If she wants to participate in our "school" then she is more than welcome to. If she wants to go off and play, then I will let her do that too.
So here is Sweetie in her new School outfit.


Here is Bean in her new School outfit.


The girls together in their new outfits.


Of course Tiny Boy had to get in on the action. :)
For our Bible Curriculum I am going to be using The Lamb, which I wrote about before here.
I plan on reading a chapter a day, and reading this book over and over during the whole school year. There are questions at the end of each chapter, so this will make it easy on me to see if Sweetie is grasping the story of The Lamb.


For Phonics we will be using, Teaching your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.


For our Math Curriculum, Math-U-See was our choice.


Then for all the "extras" apart from the Three R's, we will be using Five In A Row.


To start off Five In A Row, I choose The Story About Ping, which has been a blast to teach so far! I will blog about that at later time too. :)


Our first Lesson with Ping, was Science, and the girls learned about Buoyancy. I asked them to collect all sort of items to see if they would sink or float in a dish pan. It was hilarious some of the things that they chose, which you can see from the picture below.



To Celebrate their first day of School, we made a special cake out of Brownies in the Shape of a Pencil. I got this idea from Family Fun Magazine.



Our Dinner Menu was special too. It was made of Sweetie's favorite foods. Ritzy Chicken and Broccoli. Yum!


A Happy Ending to a fun first Day of School! :)

1 comments:

Paula said...

It looks like the girls are having a wonderful time doing "school". We really enjoy FIAR, too. You did a great job on the pencil cake! :)
Blessings,
Mrs. C