ATTENTION! MY BLOG HAS MOVED! THIS IS MY OLD BLOG. READ FOR YOUR PLEASURE, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP WITH CURRANT EVENTS IN OUR LIFE, THEN PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.heartofamommytoo.blogspot.com


OR CLICK ON THE HEART OF A MOMMY PICTURE BELOW!

Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Tree

Since being married this is our first *real* tree. I think one year I bought one in a pot but it was much more little than this one.

I asked my husband to get down our Christmas things, and he couldn't find our tree. I had promised the girls that we would decorate for Christmas that day, so I wasn't sure what to do. While running errands I saw some small trees on the road side Christmas tree stands.

We pulled over, I got all the kiddos out and told the girls I would buy one if I could find one for $15 or $20. I looked around and the cheapest I could find was $30. I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much.



When the man came over I asked him if he had any trees for $20. He very nice and he went to look for one in his surplus. When he came back, he said, "I'll find you one." He then grabbed one of the $30 trees and I paid $20 for it.
This tree is about the same size as our fake one; it sits on top of our end table. But it is so nice to have a real tree this year. It smells soooo good!
Funny thing is, when I went to search for my Christmas wreath for the front door, I found our fake tree. Oh well. ;-) I am enjoying our real one this year!
We went to Wal-Mart, and I looked at their real trees, and their small ones were around $25 to $30, so I did beat Wal-Mart's price!
For more money saving Ideas click on the button on the top of my post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember my first year married, we had so little money. We went to the mall parking lot where there was a Christmas tree vendor. We asked him for the cheapest tree he had... we asked him if he had any damaged trees. He pulled out a great big tree that was missing branches on one side. We were thrilled! I think we paid $10.00 for it. We loved our tree and felt kind of like we gave a rejected tree a home... LOL! You never know what you'll find if you don't ask. These days we get our tree from my father-in-law's farm. By far the most affordable option since they are free :) Great story.

Jen said...

I love your tree:) Real trees are my favorite!!!

Kelli said...

What a sweet little tree and a wonderful story too!
Hugs,
Kelli